Will the event be onsite or online?
Beam Summmit 2022 is a hybrid event with options for in-person and online attendance. The in-person event will take place in Austin, TX and speakers will present their talks from there. All sessions (except workshops) will also be live streamed for free for our online audience.
What will I miss if I attend online?
While Beam Summit is a hybrid event and attendees will have a great experience whether in-person or online, these activities will only be available for in-person attendees:
- Networking reception.
What is the policy regarding COVID-19 for in-person attendees?
- Attendees will be required to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination (one or two doses depending on which vaccine), or provide a negative 72hr PCR test.
- Attendees will be required to use face masks in conference rooms and indoor activities.
- There will be sanitizer stations around the event venue.
How much does participation cost?
- For online attendees, participation is free.
- In-person attendance has a cost $290 USD ($230 in early bird), which mainly helps us cover venue and catering costs.
- Workshops are $60 each (limited to 40 participants per workshop).
Where to stay?
We have a limited amount of rooms with a discount for the Beam Summit attendees. If you’re interested in booking your room, do it here
Will you have scholarships available?
We will have a limited amount of scholarships available in order to help participants who cannot cover their expenses.
Will session recordings be available?
All sessions will be recorded. They will be available in two stages with different qualities:
- A few minutes after each session is finished, recordings will be available for viewing directly in Crowdcast. In order to watch a recording of a previous session in Crowdcast, click on the SCHEDULE (upper left corner within the Crowdcast window) and select the session you want. The downside to this recorded version is that it may have “dead time” before the actual start of the talk, plus the audio may not have the best quality.
- At most two weeks after the event, we will upload an edited+cleaned version of the recording to the Apache Beam YouTube channel.
Is there a code of conduct?
Yes. You can review it here.